11.12.2008

Favorite Day of the Week!



Tuesdays are always my busy days, so you can expect to rarely see a post from Tuesdays! Though they are always busy, this day is usually my favorite of the week. The early morning began around 7 with my Bible, journal, and of course, the Lord. I always enjoy having my quiet time in the morning, while most of Auburn seems to still be asleep. After attending "The Secret Church" with Aunt Diane this past weekend, I am enjoying going back through our study guide and retaining the material at a much slower pace. David Platt used Friday night and the wee hours of the morning on Saturday to teach us about the Holy Spirit-the identity and the work it does in each Christian's life. 8:00 a.m. quickly rolled around, and it was off to babysit Caroline for the morning. I love the time I get to spend with her, and thought I would include a picture to show y'all the baby I talk about quite often. She was VERY energetic today, and seems to love the mirror and the outdoors more and more each time I see her.Our time together ended at 12 and it was off to class-and class was class. Not too much to say about that. My 2:00 class was cancelled, so I used that time to get outside and enjoy the fall weather. I went to Towne Creek Park and ran for about 30 minutes as I thought and prayed about D-group. I spoke to the girls about the "spiritual harvest" that we are all a part of as Christians. We looked at a passage from Galatians 6. They all seemed to understand the imagery in this verse, and were quick to realize that sowing the seeds of gossip, disrespect, etc. would reap a harvest that does not please the Lord. Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. She is precious! I am so glad she is in your life and you are in hers! What fun, sweet, special time. Glad you have had some reflection time (that is, "to reflect, meditate" as opposed to "time to sing in the FBCM high school ensemble"). I have printed the material from Secret Church on the New Testament and am filling in using the teaching guide on Brook Hills website. So much to learn. So many truths to organize in my mind so they can be taught, shared, and remembered when God's word is not available or perhaps allowed. Looking forward to seeing you for Thanksgiving. Sweet potato casserole....marshmallows on top. Wonder if I'll burn them again this year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the "good work" for the lord, and learning about the Holy Spirit... I am a teacher for emotionally conflicted teens, and I know how that sowing into there lifes can work...ps my Son is at AU to, came across your blog from reading, A day in the life of Jewels, God bless

    ReplyDelete