2.23.2009

Disney World Isn't the Only Fabulous Part of Orlando...

Ask anyone that knows me well and they will tell you that it is safe to say that I am obsessed with Disney World. Everything about it. I went there with friends after graduation and a few of us die hard fans stood in line for TWO AND A HALF hours to get a picture with Mickey and Minnie. I am okay admitting that that may seem quite odd...BUT...tonight I learned that Disney World is not the only great part about Orlando, Fl. Tonight I went to a Campus Crusade Women's Dessert Party, where we heard from a lady named Jenny, who serves with Crusade in Orlando. The Lord was shining straight through her, and she had an amazing testimony to share with us. In the comfort of the chi-o chapter room, she shared with us Ephesians 1:7-8...."in accordance with the riches of God's grace that he lavished on us with all wisdom an understanding." I wish I could put re-put into words all that she touched on tonight, but I will quickly highlight (before I hit the sack) a few of the main points. She talked about how we as Christians get caught up in referring to grace as something that only "lost" people need to receive and be reminded of. But in reality, it is the Christians that sometimes tend to throw the grace of the Lord to the backseat. It is only through His grace that we are living this life, and it is only through grace that we can learn from the obstacles the Lord may throw in our life. She has faced so many tragic events in her life, and it was so encouraging to see that though she still struggles daily with them, she can acknowlege them as a perfect picture of the grace in which the Lord lavishly lays upon us.

Needless to say, attending this dessert party was much more worth my time than studying for my midterm tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment