2.14.2009

Valentine's Day in the Presence of a Queen


Happy Valentine's Day! Having gone home this weekend, I woke up to a decorated table, cheese toast in the shape of hearts, and of course, a visit by the Powell family's friend, "The Great Heart". The Great Heart can be compared to the Easter Bunny, but of course, on Valentine's Day. Because, these are Valentine's traditions that I have been done since I was born, it seems as though Valentine's Day 2009 will be the norm. BUT, saying that would be wrong. Starting last night, I will be spending my Valentine's Day with a queen. In the ball that I am being presented in tonight, one of my lifelong friends, Liz is the queen. Last night at rehearsal, we all had fun bowing down to Liz and being referred to her as her "maids".

Today's "queen like activities" will include a luncheon with our mothers and the actual ball tonight. My entire family is coming in so it will be an enjoyable to have friends and family all in one place!

I will post more about the fun weekend later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment